Dulce M. Gonzalez - Bilingual Counselor
Hello Govalle Roadies! This will be my fifth year at Govalle Elementary and my thirty-seventh year in Education. I have been a counselor in elementary, middle school, and high school. I love hiking, reading, traveling, and visiting our grandchildren whenever I have a chance. My hopes and dreams for our Roadies this year is to reconnect with friends and teachers and to have a positive learning experience. We are Govalle strong!
Shawna West - Counselor
Welcome back Roadies! I'm your 3rd - 5th grade counselor, Mrs. West. This is my 14th year in education and I am so excited to spend it with you! My hopes for this year are that you all have fun, make new friends, and that you can find one new thing to be excited about everyday. You got this Roadies! Beep! Beep!
Our role as a counselor is to help all students develop their academic, career, personal, and social abilities to their full potential. I also provide appropriate support to teachers, staff, and parents.
Some of the responsibilities and programs we coordinate are:
- Responsive Services: Individual and Group Counseling
- Classroom Guidance Lessons
- Student Leadership Program--Govalle Junior Counselors
- System Support for campus programs, including Social Emotional Learning
- Individual Planning (including transitioning to middle school)
- Section 504 Services Campus Coordinator
- No Place for Hate Campus Coordinator
- Gifted and Talented Committee Member
- Career Awareness and Exploration
- Mentoring Program Coordinator
- Coordinator of outside agency counseling services